Terms & Conditions
"Chapter 1. General
Article 1 [Purpose]
The purpose of these terms and conditions is for SAINTJOYKOREA (hereinafter “Company”) to specify rights, obligations and other requirements between Company and members on service provided over wire or wireless networks.
Article 2 [Definition]
1) Terms used here have following meanings.
1. Company is an entity which provides service (content and various services) to members.
2. Member is a person who agrees to these terms and conditions and is granted access to service (content and various services) by Company.
3. Temporary Member (Guest Member) is a member who uses service (content and various services) provided by Company without being verified via open market but logging in to the game as a guest.
4. Content is information or data consisting of symbols, characters, figures, colors, voices, sounds, images, videos or their combinations, and various services are extrinsic ones provided by Company.
5. Nickname is a combination of characters and numbers selected by the member and approved by Company to identify members and use services (content and various services).
6. PID is a combination of characters and numbers specified by Company to identify members and use services (content and various services).
7. Paid Point is information that can be used as a payment tool to use or buy services (content and various services) and is purchased by the member from Company or third party.
8. Complimentary Point is information that can be used as a payment tool to use or buy services (content and various services) and is provided to the member by Company or third party free of charge.
9. Open Market Business is a third party which downloads services via the mobile device and provides payment service.
2) Terms other than above-defined ones are subject to applicable laws and general practices.
Article 3 [Provision of Company Information]
1) Company will provide following information on its website (http://sainjoy.co.kr) so that its members can easily access it.
1. Names of CEO and Company
2. Company Address (with which members can contact Company), e-mail address
3. Telephone Number or Fax Number
4. Business Registration Number, Telemarketing Business Number
5. Terms and Conditions
3) Service content, information, conditions, member classes will be available on Company’s website and each open market’s sales page.
Article 4 [Posting of Terms and Conditions]
1) Company will present terms and conditions when a user executes service for the first time. The user should agree to these terms and conditions to use service fully.
2) Company will explain limits and cancellation of membership, subscription cancellation, wrong charge refund, use limitation, subscription, damage compensation from Company and other critical conditions in a separate window or a popup so that members can understand them before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
3) Members can print these terms and conditions from Company’s website (http://saintjoy.co.kr) anytime.
4) In case of violating Paragraph 1 to 3, Company cannot enforce all or part of these terms and conditions.
Article 5 [Change of Terms and Conditions]
1) Company may change these terms and conditions to the extent allowed by Content Industry Promotion Act, Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Guideline on Content User Protection specified by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, other applicable law and commercial practices.
2) When changing the terms and conditions, Company should specify the effective date of new terms and conditions and reason for changes. For a long enough period from seven days (or 30 days for change disadvantageous to users or critical change) before the effective date, Company should post a notice on such changes in its service landing page or website (http://saintjoy.co.kr).
3) When the terms and conditions are changed, if a member does not explicitly express his/her rejection, he/she will be considered to agree to such changes. However, if a member does not agree to such changes, he/she can unsubscribe according to the method defined in the terms and conditions.
4) Except when the terms and conditions are changed due to the revision of applicable law, Company can provide service for members in terms of technology and business according to previous terms and conditions even if members rejected such changes. However, if service provision is not possible in terms of technology and business, Company will compensate members for their loss and terminate a relationship with them.
5) If a member does not agree to new terms and conditions, Company or member can terminate their relationship.
Article 6 [Interpretation of Terms and Conditions]
1) Company can establish the operation policy to specify other requirements not defined in these terms and conditions. In this case, the operation policy will be supportive of these terms and conditions. Company should disclose the operation policy in its service website and official forum to inform its members.
2) For issues not specified in these terms and conditions, they will be interpreted according to Content Industry Promotion Act, Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Guideline on Content User Protection specified by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, other applicable law and commercial practices.
Chapter 2. Membership and Privacy
Article 7 [Effectiveness of Membership]
1) When a user (hereinafter “Applicant”) agrees to these terms and conditions and makes a membership request, if Company accepts user’s request, the membership becomes effective.
2) Basically, Company accepts all of user’s membership requests. However, Company may not accept user’s membership request or cancel his/her membership afterwards if a user:
1. Accesses service through an unauthorized or improper method in a country where Company does not provide service.
2. Makes a membership request for purposes prohibited in Game Industry Promotion Act.
3. Makes a membership request in order to damage security, order or custom in community.
4. Attempts to use the game for unlawful purposes.
5. Attempts to use the game for commercial gains.
6. Uses the game for other improper purposes that fall into from Paragraph 1 to 6.
3) For any of following cases, Company can suspend request approval until such cases are resolved.
1. Company does not have enough facilities, cannot support specific devices or has technical problems.
2. There is an error in service, billing or payment methods.
3. Other cases where Company cannot accept user’s request.
4) Company can categorize members according to each service content and provide different services and features for each member according to their playtime, access frequency, payment and other information.
Article 8 [Membership of Minors]
If a minor (a person who is under 18 and students defined in Article 2 of Elementary and Secondary Education Act) uses the service, his/her legal guardian can request Company to view, correct or update such minor’s personal information or cancel his/her membership. In this case, Company will take necessary measures to destroy such minor’s personal information.
Article 9 [Member’s Obligation on His/Her ID and Password]
1) The member is responsible for controlling his/her nickname, PID and other personal information used in the service. The member will be responsible for any loss caused by managing his/her information improperly or third party’s unauthorized use, and Company will not take any responsibility.
2) If Company suspects personal information can be leaked from the service provided for members, a member misbehaves, a member took action so that he can be taken for Company, Company operator or other user, then changes/limits the use of such service without prior notice.
3) If a member becomes aware that service provided by Company is pirated or used by a third party, he/she should inform Company of this case immediately and follow instructions from company. Company does not take any responsibility for any damage caused by not informing Company or not following Company’s instruction after reporting such misuse to Company.
4) According to the open market policy, Company can allow users to play the game as guest members for their convenience. However, as Company does not collect or keep account and game play information for guest members, if service data is reset or application is deleted due to change or modification of the device, it is impossible to check or restore such information and Company does not take any responsibility for this.
Article 10 [Information Collection]
1) Company can collect and use some of chatting between members to provide service properly. Company will view such information only for arbitration of conflict among members, resolution of complaints, order in the game or other purposes Company finds necessary. Such information will be kept only by Company and will not be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
2) Company can collect and use members’ device settings and specifications to implement service, stabilize programs and improve service quality.
3) Company can request members to provide additional information for service improvement or marketing. Members can accept or reject such requests.
Article 11 [Protection and Use of Personal Information]
2) Based on service features, members’ nickname, picture and other personal information can be disclosed.
3) Except when authorities make a request according to applicable law, Company does not provide members personal information to a third party without their approval.
4) Company will be exempted from any loss caused by a personal information leakage which occurred because of members’ fault.
Chapter 3. Use of Service
Article 12 [Information Provision on Service and Effectiveness of Membership]
1) Company will provide terms and conditions clearly so that members understand them accurately before subscribing to the service without a mistake.
2) Company will make announcements on service system and line maintenance, changes on the terms and conditions, service change and operation, service update/change through its notification function, and members should check such announcements regularly. Company does not take any responsibility for damage caused to members as they don’t check notifications. However, if critical and clear damage to members is expected, Company may use a different method to make a notice.
3) For any of followings, Company may suspend or reject user’s request. However, Company can reject user’s request if it falls into Paragraph 1 to 3.
1. Use other user’s identity.
2. Provide false information or do not provide required information.
3. No capacity for service, or trouble in technology or operation.
4. The membership becomes effective the moment Company’s approval reaches the user.
Article 13 [Payment]
1) Payments made through the service will be regulated and processed according to the policy and method decided by telecommunication company, open market company (store), payment company and authorities.
2) There can be a difference expected payment and actual payment because of exchange rates and store charges.
Article 14 [Use of Paid Service]
1) Company will provide free or paid content or service for members.
2) Company will mark paid service clearly to members.
3) If a member wants to use paid content or service, he/she should make a payment during making a request or at the same time while making a request.
Article 15 [Wrong Charge]
1) When a wrong amount is charged, Company will refund the wrong charge via the same payment method. If this is not available, Company will make a pre- or post-notice to members and refund the wrong charge to members.
2) If a wrong amount is charged due to Company’s fault, Company will refund the whole wrong charge regardless of contract costs or fees. However, if a wrong amount is charged due to member’s fault, the refund cost will be subject to Company’s refund policy.
3) When Company rejects member’s refund request, it will prove that the amount is rightfully charged.
Article 16 [Provision and Stop of Content]
1) Basically, Company will provide service 24 hours a day and throughout the year so that members can use content according to terms and conditions.
2) Company can set time for categorized content. Members will be notified of this beforehand.
3) Company can change or stop some or all of service for operation or planning reasons and will not take any responsibility for trouble caused by this. However, if this is considered to be disadvantageous for members, Company will give a notice to members through their e-mail or notification function.
4) Company can stop service if there is war, natural disaster, national emergency equivalent to them, situation uncontrollable for Company, maintenance, repair of IT systems, communication failure, system transfer or other operation reasons. In this case, Company will give a notice to members via notification function or e-mail. However, if Company cannot give a notice beforehand because of unavoidable conditions, it can give a notice afterwards.
5) Company can perform temporary/regular server maintenance as needed to provide content or services, and maintenance periods will be subject to Company’s policy.
6) Company will make a compensation for the shutdown and failure of paid service according to followings, and members cannot request Company for additional compensations.
1. If Company cannot provide service three days (in total) consecutively without prior notice, the service period for paid members will be extended by three times of the shutdown or failure period.
2. Though Company made a prior notice on the shutdown or failure of service for maintenance reasons, if the shutdown or failure period exceeds 60 hours, the service period for paid members will be extended by as much as the shutdown or failure period.
3. If it is impossible or difficult to extend the service period, Company will make a compensation with paid and free service equivalent to the shutdown or failure of service.
7) Company can terminate content if:
1. game service is prohibited for a certain period or method by applicable law.
2. it is impossible to provide game service due to natural disaster, emergency, blackout, facility failure or user rush.
3. Company is split, merged, transferred, closed or there are critical business needs.
8) If some or all of content is suspended or terminated, Company will give a 30-day notice to members. However, if service is suspended or terminated because of a situation where Company cannot give such notice, this will not apply.
9) Members cannot request Company for any compensation for service termination. If a member makes an in-app purchase after a notice of service termination, it will not be refunded.
10) If Company stops mobile game service according to Paragraph 4, members cannot request compensations for free or expired service (paid service, continued paid subscription, term-based paid item). For paid items/content (permanent item or permanent content) without the expiry period, expendable items/content, they will be considered to expire the moment service is terminated. Members cannot make a compensation or refund request for this.
Article 17 [Provision of Information and Send of Advertisement]
1) Company can provide advertisement on its service via game screen, website, e-mail, LMS/SMS, push notification. These will be sent only to those agreed to receive such advertisements. Members can choose not to receive advertisement anytime, and Company will not send advertisements to such members.
2) Company will not send advertisements to members who choose not to receive them according to Paragraph 1. However, if there is an unavoidable situation related to use of service, in spite of member’s choice according to Paragraph 1, Company can send information to them.
Article 18 [Management and Deletion of Posts]
1) Company is not obliged to back up or keep content members registered/sent and communications among members. Members take sole responsibility for any loss caused by their posts and Company will not take any responsibility for that no matter what.
2) Company can delete, move or reject following materials and can prevent members who post such materials or messages from using service or unsubscribe them.
1. Materials to slander, defame or impersonate other members or third parties
2. Materials to violate public order and custom
3. Content linked to criminal activities
4. Materials to violate the copyright, portrait rights and other intellectual property rights of Company or third party
5. Obscene materials or link to indecent websites
6. Commercial materials
7. Materials to prevent proper service operation
8. Materials against Company policy
9. Other materials violating applicable law
3) Members will take full responsibility for civil or criminal charges caused by posting materials that fall into above definitions.
Article 19 [Posting of Advertisement and Trade with Advertisers]
1) Company can provide service for members with profits gained by posting advertisements. Members agree to be exposed to advertisements while using service.
2) Company does not take responsibility for loss or damage caused to members who participated in advertiser’s marketing activities posted in the service, or traded or communicated with advertisers.
3) Company may request members for additional personal information to improve/add service, introduce new service, host promotions/events, and members can agree or disagree to such requests.
Article 20 [Ownership of Copyrights]
1) Company owns copyrights and other intellectual property rights on Company-designed content in the service.
2) Without prior approval, members cannot copy, transfer, publish, distribute, broadcast or use information of which intellectual property rights belong to Company or its subcontractors for commercial purposes, and cannot allow third parties to use it.
3) Members agree that Company can use communications including chatting messages, images, sound and all materials uploaded or transferred by members (here in after” User Content”) according to following methods and conditions.
1. Company can use, edit or modify user content (including publish, copy, display, transfer, distribute, broadcast, create derivative works; no limit on use period and region)
2. Company will not sell, lease or transfer user content for commercial purposes without obtaining approval from creators of such content.
4) For user content (e.g., posts in the bulletin board) displayed in the game but not integrated into the game, Company will not use it for commercial purpose without members’ explicit agreement, and members can delete such user content anytime.
5) If Company finds materials posted or registered by members are in violation of these terms and conditions, Company can delete, transfer or reject them without prior notice.
6) Members whose legal interests have been violated by information in the board operated by Company can request Company to delete or counter such information. In this case, Company will take swift measures and give a notice to such members.
7) This article remains effective as long as Company provides service and even after members unsubscribe.
Chapter 4. Unsubscribe and Limitation on Access to Service
Article 21 [Unsubscribe]
Article 22 [Reasons to Limit Access to Service]
1) Company can limit access to followings and will specify details in its operation policy.
1. Member’s account name, character name and group name in content
2. Chatting content and method
3. Bulletin board
4. How to play the game
5. Other issues which do not violate member’s basic rights and Company finds necessary for service operation
2) Company can limit, stop or terminate member’s access to service for following activities. In this case, the member cannot request Company for refund and compensation for his/her loss.
1. Defame others or damage others’ interest.
2. Impersonate a Company-approved service provider, executive or Company itself and interfere with other services.
3. Steal other person’s information or enter false information for membership.
4. Use service to violate law or damage security, order and custom in community.
5. Use service to damage other people’s rights, steal information or disrupt e-commerce order, or transfer/sell game data (account, character, items) for financial gains or use it as objectives (security, lease).
6. Send unsolicited commercial or promotional messages to members without Company’s approval.
7. Edit Company’s client program without Company’s authorization, hack Company’s server, or change part of Company’s website.
8. Use service to obtain goods through improper means.
9. Lead service visitors or other members to a certain website regardless of their intention.
10. Edit software provided for users as a part of service, create derivative works, reverse-design, decompile or extract source code with other methods.
11. Violate the patents, trademark rights, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights of the third party or use them in a way to violate them.
12. Collect others’ content and personal information.
13. Activities objectively related to crime.
14. Involved in activities which violate applicable law.
15. Encourage or induce others to do above-described violations.
16. Use the service for purposes which fit above descriptions.
3) If the member is found to be involved in activities described in Paragraph 1, Company can limit access to service for him/her, his/her group or his/her device.
4) Company can disclose the member involved in activities described in Paragraph 1 within the service or external service where he/she is using.
5) The member involved in activities described in Paragraph 1 will be responsible for loss to Company or other users.
Article 23 [Process to Limit Access to Service]
1) Considering the nature, severity, frequency, result and other factors of the violation, Company will stipulate the process to limit access to service in its operation policy.
2) If access to service is limited properly, Company will not compensate for member’s loss caused by such measures.
3) If the member obtains goods, items and other game information through unauthorized methods, Company can take necessary measures to limit access or confiscate items according to its operation policy.
4) If Company limits certain member’s access to service, followings will be delivered to such member via his/her e-mail, service screen within the game or service website.
1. Reason to limit access
2. Limit type and period
3. How to appeal access limit
Article 24 [Access Limit as a Temporary Measure]
1) Company can limit access to service until investigation on followings is completed.
1. The report of improper payment, abusing, hacking and impersonation report is received.
2. Reasonable doubt on illegal program, workshop, bug and other illegal activities.
3. Other activities that are equivalent to above ones and requires temporary measures.
2) Regarding Paragraph 1, if the member is found to be not involved in illegal activities, Company will extend his/her service period in proportion to the period he/she could not access service because of investigation. However, if the member is found to be an illegal user, this will not apply.
Article 25 [How to Appeal Access Limit]
1) If the member wants to appeal Company’s access limit, he/she should send his/her objection with his/her reason to Company by mail, e-mail or equivalent method within 15 days from the day when he/she received a notice from Company.
2) When an appeal is received, Company should reply to the member by mail, e-mail or equivalent method within 15 days from the receipt day. However, if it is not possible to reply within 15 days, Company will notify the member of why his/her appeal is not replied and when Company will reply.
3) Company should take appropriate measures according to its reply.
Chapter 5. Unsubscription and Termination
Article 26 [Unsubscription]
1) Paid services are divided into those available for unsubscription and those unavailable. If possible, the member can unsubscribe content within seven days from the effective date or service starting date without extra cost. However, gifts, events or other paid services provided by Company or third party free of charge, or paid content which is already used or considered to be used at the time of unsubscription request, or other paid services with equivalent features may not be unsubscribed according to applicable law. In this case, Company will take measures such as notification according to applicable law.
2) Unsubscription is not available for following cases:
1. Content that is used or item that is applied to service the moment it is purchased.
2. Item that is earned in the normal process of using content and service.
3. Extra benefits are already used from the item.
4. Some of items are used from the package.
5. Item which can be considered to be used when it is opened or capsule/chance-type item of which effect is decided when they are opened.
3) If content is different from its description, advertisement or terms and conditions, the member can make an unsubcription request within 65 days from the day when such content is provided.
4) The member should make an unsubscription and refund request according to the process specified by Company. Company will review if such requests are valid and take follow-up measures according to the member’s device, service provider, each store’s refund policy and process. When a refund is decided, the refundable amount will be calculated and the amount will be refunded after 10% of fees are deducted.
5) If a minor makes a payment without his/her legal guardian, the guardian can cancel the payment. However, if such payment is within the minor’s wealth granted to him/her by his/her legal guardian, it cannot be canceled. When a payment is made, to check if it is done by a minor or not, the device, payer’s information, and owner of the payment method are used. If necessary, Company can request the minor member to send a document that show the payer is the minor’s legal guardian.
6) The member is responsible for managing his/her device and should not allow other people to use it. Unsubscription or refund will not be granted if a payment is made because the member does not manage his/her device properly or allow others to use his/her device.
7) Communication costs incurred during downloading content and using service will not be refunded.
8) If the member wants to unsubscribe because of his/her violation of applicable law or these terms and conditions, he/she may not be refunded.
Article 27 [Effect of Unsubscription]
1) The unsubscribing member will return content received from Company and delete the same content in his/her possession.
2) If the member unsubscribes because of his/her own fault, he/she will bear costs to return content, and if the member unsubscribes because of Company’s fault, Company will bear costs to return content.
3) When Company receives content, it will make a refund within three business days from the receipt date through the same method as payment. If not possible, Company will choose a method to refund. Company will make a refund within three business days from the day when the member makes an unsubscription request. If a refund is not possible within three business days, Company should notify the member of reasons.
4) If Company’s refund to the member is delayed, the interest rate in applicable law will apply to the delay period to calculate compensation (hereinafter “Delay Compensation”).
5) If the member unsubscribes because of his/her own fault, he/she can get a refund after his/her gains (bonus) from use of content are deducted.
6) If the member unsubscribes because of Company’s fault, Company will make a refund in the same way as payment. However, if this is not available for market providers, the member will be refunded according to market provider’s policy.
Article 28 [Member’s Termination of Membership]
1) The member can terminate his/her membership if:
1. Content is not provided on time.
2. He/she cannot achieve his/her purpose because of defective content.
3. He/she does not agree with revised terms and conditions.
2) If the member wants to terminate his/her membership according to Paragraph 1, he/she should set a reasonable period and request Company to allow him/her to use content or provide correct content. However, this does not apply when the member does not receive content during the period or Company announces content will not be provided in advance.
Article 29 [Company’s Termination of Membership]
1) If the member violates these terms and conditions or applicable law, or deliberately damages Company, Company can terminate his/her membership.
2) Company can terminate the membership or limit access to service for a certain period if the member:
1. Provides false information when subscribing.
2. Deliberately disrupts service operation.
3. Steals other person’s ID and password.
4. Transfers a huge amount of information to disrupt stable service operation or transfers promotional information.
5. Distributes computer virus programs to damage Company and other members.
6. Does other activities that violate the service policy.
3) If Company terminates or stops the membership according to this article, the member cannot use downloaded content and cannot receive a refund for his/her content, data communication fees, and monthly service fees.
4) According to Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network and its enforcement decree, Company can take necessary measures such as destruction of personal information for those who do not access service for one year in a row (hereinafter “Inactive Account”).
5) In spite of the above condition, Company can keep member’s personal information if a separate period is defined in other law or the member makes a request.
Chapter 6 Compensation for Damage and Resolution of Conflict
Article 30 [Compensation for Damage]
1) Company does not take any responsibility for content and service-related damage caused to members. However, this does not apply when damage is caused because of Company’s deliberate or critical mistake.
2) If Company receives damage while terminating the member’s membership according to Article 24, Company can request the member to compensate for its damage. However, this does not apply when the member proves he/she does not make any deliberate mistake.
3) If Company makes a service agreement with a subcontractor and the member receives damage because of the subcontractor’s fault, the subcontractor will take responsibility for such damage.
Article 31 [Company’s Warranty and Immunity]
1) Company is not responsible for damage caused by free service.
2) If service becomes unavailable because of natural disaster, war, telecommunication company’s service termination and other uncontrollable events, Company will be immune from responsibility. Also, if service is unavailable or fails because of pre-noticed game facility maintenance, repair, checkup and other unavoidable events, as long as Company does not make deliberate or critical mistakes, it will be immune from responsibility.
3) Company does not take responsibility for problems caused by member’s environment to use of content and service or other environments that Company is not responsible for.
4) If service is unavailable or fails because of pre-noticed game facility repair, replacement, regular checkup, construction or other unavoidable events, Company will not take responsibility for problems caused by such events.
5) Company will not take responsibility for service stop/failure caused by member’s fault.
6) Company will not take responsibility for damage caused to members because of issues that Company is not responsible for.
7) Company does not guarantee the reliability, validity and legality of results provided by service and member information given by members, and will not take responsibility for the reliability, accuracy, completeness and quality of information, materials and facts posted or transferred by members.
8) Company does not take responsibility for system damage, data or information loss caused by when the member at his/her discretion uses Company’s service to download a certain program or access information.
9) Company does not take responsibility for damage caused as the member does not manage his/her device properly or allow a third party to use his/her device.
10) Company does not take responsibility for the reliability and accuracy of information, materials and facts posted by users or third parties on the board, and is not obliged to check members’ posts before they are registered or review members’ posts regularly.
11) Company is not obliged to be involved in conflict between members or between member and third party caused through service and is not responsible for damage caused by such conflict.
12) Company does not take responsibility for when the member does not obtain expected benefits from content and service and is not responsible for damage caused by member’s selection or use of service.
13) Company can limit game service time for members according to applicable law and government policy and does not take responsibility for any problem caused by following such regulations.
Article 32 [Resolution of Conflict]
1) Company will explain how to give feedback or complaint in the game setting screen or service website for convenience of members. Company will take appropriate and swift measures for members’ feedback or complaint and announce results. However, if a problem cannot be resolved swiftly, Company will post the resolution schedule in the notification board or send it to members by e-mail, telephone or mail.
2) Information on the customer center.
1. E-mail: email@example.com
3. Operating Hours: 10:00 ~ 18:00 (Weekdays; and Closed for Lunch, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays)
3) Followings can be resolved through the customer center.
1. Termination of membership
2. Complaint of access limit
3. Questions, feedback and other work related to the game
Article 33 [Jurisdiction and Governing Law]
These terms and conditions will be regulated and interpreted according to Korean law. Any lawsuit between member and Company will be resolved in the court specified in applicable law.
Article 1 [Effective Date]
These terms and conditions will become effective on September 6, 2021."